Simpl (Fintech of the year - 2020) is a platform that empowers retailers to grow, building long term trusted relationships with their customers, one transaction at a time. For consumers, Simpl offers frictionless access to e-commerce, trust, safety, and effortless budgeting, in1-click.
Under the hood, we are building the payments infrastructure (identity, trust score and security) ground up for a world that is mobile first, where consumers frequently buy on the go & love convenience.
Everyone at Simpl is an internal entrepreneur who is given a lot of bandwidth and resources to create the next breakthrough, towards a new world of Networked Commerce where commerce is easy, safe, affordable without fine prints - just Simpl!
Simpl was founded in 2015 by Nityanand Sharma and Chaitra Chidanand and went live in 2016.
About the role:
Simpl is hiring for a Strategic Partnership Manager to help drive its future growth engine by building trusted relationships with strategic prospects and turning them into happy Simpl partners. A sales leader, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including the CTO, CPO, and CFO in the upper middle market and enterprise companies. Having an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex, multi-party sale in a highly consultative manner. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge. You are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decisions. You get excited about prospecting and are capable of independently leading a sales cycle from start to finish.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Help develop partnership strategies to align with the product and business goals
- Source, structure, and negotiate deals with partners in pursuit of these broader goals
- Understand our partners’ strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to product stakeholders
- Design and implement strategies and processes that will enable us to scale our consumer payments partnerships and increase our velocity as a team
- 3 to 8 years of work experience, preferably working at or with fintech, consumer technology, B2B, or equivalent strategic, complex partners
- A track record of developing high-impact partnerships with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in structuring first-of-a-kind partnership
- Strong commercial and product instincts with demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
- Ability to identify and evaluate new strategic opportunities with partners
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills