UX / UI Designer at Wefunder
San Francisco, CA, US
We created and continue to lead the market that enables everyday people to make investments in startups they love. To date, we've helped over 900 startups raise more than $450M, including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and cancer cures. We’re small, nimble, and growing fast; we have tripled the size of our team in the past year alone.
Wefunder's Story 💡 https://wefunder.com/wefunder
Our Public Benefit Corp Mission 🎙 https://wefunder.com/charter
🗻 This position is based in the Bay Area / San Francisco. You don’t have to commute every day and we value flexibility. Still: We love the opportunity to collaborate in person while we are still a very small, ambitious team. Do you live outside of the city but would be willing to move? We would be happy to help you relocate!
As a full-time Product Designer, you’ll be part of a small but mighty, growing team of passionate designers who are responsible for taking the Wefunder Founder and Investor experience to the next level. We care more about raw talent, top-notch design chops, and smarts than we do about fancy pedigrees. If you’re a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, execute rapidly, and place collaboration above all else, read on.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience designing for web or mobile applications.
- Expert working knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Photoshop.
- Gravitates towards minimalism & simplicity with a critical eye for detail. We admire Airbnb, for instance.
- Balances user research, testing, and intuition, incorporating relevant findings into your designs.
- You can translate complex ideas into concrete details, and can design for MVP as well as North Star vision.
- MVP is your mantra, yet you love to sketch out the big picture future vision as a guide.
- You prioritize a delightful and intuitive user experience over all else.
- You’re curious and scrappy; you have always found a way to “figure it out” even if you haven’t done it before.
- [Bonus] You can code up some CSS and HTML in a pinch.
- Be the expert on our investors and founders.
- Lead design projects for multiple products and features across the company. Create detailed mockups (we prefer Figma), and iterate with engineers to bring the designs to life until deployed to production.
- Rapidly create prototypes and mockups through pixel-perfect designs, utilizing our design library.
- Improve and update our design system, including typography, colors, React components, branding, with the goal of modernizing our visual UI and increasing consistency.
- Gather feedback on designs from throughout the company
- Market-rate salaries and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation days with no less than 3 weeks off.
- All-expense-paid Wefunder vacation once a year.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- Lots of free food and drinks. That includes daily lunch and weekly team dinners.
- Classes & conferences. If you can learn something useful, we'll pay for it.
Want to help? Join us! We're a team of founder types: Enjoy autonomy, responsibility, the opportunity to learn, and no red tape. Just make it happen.
To apply, fill in the form below or email Johannes [email@example.com] with your CV / LinkedIn, your portfolio, and why you'd like to work with us. Brownie points: Include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.