Head of EU at Wefunder
Amsterdam, NL / Europe
Wefunder is like Robinhood for pre-IPO startups. We're the largest funding platform that helps normal people make investments in startups they love. Over the past few years, we've helped fund over 900 startups with $450M+ including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and cancer cures.
Now, we’re expanding to Europe and looking for a Head of EU to lead our European team. We aim to sprinkle the Silicon Valley fairy dust across the world. Our goal is to inspire 20,000 more founders to get started, encourage them to think bigger, hone their pitch, help them focus, and give them the funding they need to prove to the "normals" in the world that they are not crazy (or, at least, crazy in a lucrative way).
We launched in the US in 2012. Four years later the laws rolled out allowing us to operate, but it took until 2021 for them to be reformed to be workable. Luckily, the EU just rolled out new laws that are as good as the current US laws, so there’s a lot of potential to scale quickly. However, it’ll take an organized effort from the EU launch team to build the momentum and convince the best EU companies to raise with us. We’re looking for someone who will thrive in this type of environment & inspire a team to do the same.
Our Dream Candidate: Founder-type, ready to hustle
- You’re a founder, so you have empathy for other founders on their journey. Helping founders succeed is your North Star goal.
- You’ll help us build a scalable funnel to identify the best companies in the EU to raise with us.
- You’re skilled at pitching & you’re excited to pitch founders, their Board Members, investors, and lawyers on Wefunder.
- You’ll establish partnerships within the startup ecosystem to drive more investor & founder referrals.
- You’re a fearless, data-driven leader who will mentor the budding EU-based team.
- You thrive in the “zero to one” space, because you’ve been there before. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you or slow you down.
- You’re based in the EU full-time (or are willing to relocate)You have an existing network in the EU startup ecosystem that you can leverage.
- You are a founder & a leader. You get it done. You’ve been there, done that and now you want to help other founders get off the ground. You’re excited to lead our launch in the European market and help us scale quickly!
- Market-rate salaries and stock options, scaling with experience.
- All-expense paid Wefunder vacation.
- Apple equipment - whatever you need.
- Lots of free food and drinks.
- Reimbursement for classes and conferences.
Apply below or email Katie Powers at email@example.com with why you'd like to work for us. Brownie points: include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.